Re: radeonfb on Pegasos

Matt Thomas wrote:

> 1) user space is complete separate from kernel.

Ok.

> 2) kernel space starts anywhere after physical memory ends.

Which means usually from 0x80000000 on.

> 3) I/O space -> kernel_space need not be pa:va
>
> You could have the kernel map va 0x8....... to 0xd.......

Hm. I'm not sure if I understand. But does that mean you can map the PCI
I/O- or mem-space from 0xd... at 0x8... and access it there, while KERNEL_SR
is still 0xd?

> If at all posible, leave KERNEL_SR as 0xd to catch bogus 0xdeadXXXX
> references.

Would be nice, of course. At the moment my kernel complains:
oea_startup: failed to allocate DEAD ZONE: error=12

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/