Re: Pegasos frame buffer (was: map_isa_ioregs)

Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 09-Nov-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
>> Tried it. genfb won't work on the Pegasos, because the driver expects to
>> find properties like "width", "height" and "address". No such properties
>> exist.
>
> Yeah, it tries to gleam those from the OF values of screen-width and
> screen-height. Look at copyprops() in ofw_autoconf.c. I also see "swidth"
> and "sheight" on the Pegasos. However, all of my values are zero.

Confirmed for screen-width and screen-height. But there is no swidth or
sheight on my system.

> That
> might be because I'm using serial cons, can you look at them with a
> physical cons and let me know if anything looks useful?

No. Those values remain 0. Only screen-#columns and screen-#rows is
correct. This might be because it is in text-mode and not in frame-buffer
mode?

> There also seem to be some fb8-* functions, as well as vesa-* functions.
> Perhaps one of these will return valid data.

Tried them all. fb8-install looked interesting, but didn't do anything
besides setting screen-width and screen-height to the given values.

frame-buffer-adr always returns 0.

vesa-frame-buffer-addr always returns -1 and vesa-find-mode returns -1 for
any resolution I pass. vesa-set-mode with any (valid) mode leads to a dark
screen.

Looks like we have everything from pretty useless to not working... :|

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/