Re: map_isa_ioregs

Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 07-Nov-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
>> It hangs directly after "  start=0x100000", when started with ofwboot.
>
> Oh.. you hit that problem. Change your load address to something like
> 0x20000 in OFW.

The "load-base" environment variable? Tried that, but without success.
AFAIK an ELF file's segments will automatically loaded to the address
defined in the program header?

ofwboot already has a load address of 0x20000. And changing the load address
of the kernel to 0x20000 would be bad for ofwboot. ;)

> The problem is that if the kernel starts getting big, you
> run into the bootloader while copying it down.

OF_chain() copies the kernel down to 0x20000? But this should be no problem,
as ofwboot is no longer needed after that? I would have guessed that the
kernel is executed at 0x100000, though.

BTW, I already had large GENERIC kernels three days ago, before doing "cvs
update". And they worked. :|

Now, even a minimal kernel fails...

When I find the time, I will debug it tomorrow.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/