Subject: Re: Current EFIKA status?
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 10/21/2007 11:18:29
Frank Wille wrote:
> Matt Sealey wrote:
>
>> Like I said, the device-tree PCI nodes know what they are doing; they
>> are implicitly bound to the host controller.
>>
>> RTAS just accepts bus, device, function as a configuration address. It
>> has no idea which one to look at without some internal hackery. It has
>> no clue about seperate host controllers.
>
> Oh, now I clearly see the problem. This means RTAS cannot be used on the
> Pegasos2, because we have two times bus 0?

It should work on Pegasos2, try it and see.. as far as I know it has a fair
clue of what card you WANT to access because of the basic topology of the
system.

>> Our firmware knows the difference,
>
> Yes, when using the config-l method on the correct node.

Should in RTAS too (there is only one card on domain 0) but, I wouldn't
rely on this magic for other CHRP systems. Linux just scans the PCI bus
directly using the host controller offsets.. but, that should be a last
resort.

--
Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations