Subject: Re: SmartFirmware interrupts
To: Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 10/19/2007 16:26:09
Matt Sealey wrote:

> No. Just use the i8259. It really is an i8259 - the same i8259 you have
> in any
> PC southbridge that would be mapped on a PC to io port 0x2fb.

0x2fb? Not 0x20 and 0xa0? Are we talking about the same?

> Just treat the offset like the magical pointer into IO space and it is no
> different whatsoever - no different as in outb(0x0 + 0x2fb, 0xff) is no
> different to outb(0xf1000000 + 0x2fb, 0xff) on PowerPC.

This was just an example? Or why is the base address of the IO
space 0xf1000000? What in the OFW-tree tells me to use this
address?

I would have used the address of the IO space from the PCI
node which contains the /isa tree, which is 0xfe000000.

Maybe Tim has understood, but I don't... ;)

--
Frank Wille