Subject: Re: SmartFirmware interrupts
To: Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 10/19/2007 00:25:50
Matt Sealey wrote:

>> Hm. Which information does SmartFirmware provide about it? The only thing
>> I found was "8259-IRQ at f1000cb4". This is for the ISA interrupts?
>
> It's connected in a cascade to the Marvell chip. You do not need to know
> how the Marvell PIC works. Just use the 8259 (as is present in every PC
> known to man..)

Addendum: After looking at the source, I'm still confused.

Usually the first 8259 PIC is at I/O address 0x20 and the second at 0xa0. But
the I/O space of the first pci-node is e.g. mapped at 0xfe000000 on the Peg2.

How does an address of 0xf1000cb4 help me now? Is it the memory-mapped
base address of the first PIC? But where are the registers for the second
one? 0x80 bytes from there?

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/