Re: device-type or device_type?

This was already patched wasn't it?

The Open Firmware standard says device_type. The underscore is
ugly and not what you would expect, but this is a holdover from
Sun OpenBoot.

device-type is simply *WRONG*.

--
Matt Sealey <matt%genesi-usa.com@localhost>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations

Frank Wille wrote:
Hi,

some time ago I reported a potential bug in pci/ofwpci.c
(ppcoea-renovation): pci detection failed, because it was
checked for the attribute "device-type", where my Peg2-OFW
only knows about "device_type".

Now, after ppcoea-renovation was merged into the main trunk,
I checked the source again, and it is still "device-type".
Does that work for anyone?

Scanning through the whole current source it seems to me as
"device_type" is the prefered writing. Only three places differ:

ofppc/pci/ofwpci.c: OF_getprop(ca->ca_node, "device-type", name, sizeof(name));

powerpc/pci/pci_machdep_ofw.c: if (OF_getprop(node, "device-type", name, sizeof(name)) == -1)

powerpc/pci/pci_machdep_ofw.c: OF_getprop(node, "device-type", name, sizeof(name));

Seems that all of them only affect ofppc. So maybe nobody noticed?