Subject: Re: RTAS
To: Aymeric Vincent <vincent@labri.fr>
From: Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 10/18/2007 19:06:50
Aymeric Vincent wrote:
>> What I'm asking myself for a long time: do we need the ofw-bus at all,
>> when it is our goal to run the ofppc-port with real NetBSD drivers rather than
>> using the OFW-devices?
>
> Why not, but then we need a way to "claim" a device from the tree
> because two drivers from two different parts of the device tree may
> then claim the same device.

Just add a property to it's device node, "netbsd,in-use" and make sure you
check it off. That should stop devices from being touched if they already
have a driver loaded - as long as drivers remember to set the property when
they run..

--
Matt Sealey <matt@genesi-usa.com>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations