Subject: Re: PCI config (was: Current EFIKA status?)
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 10/15/2007 00:11:20
Jochen Kunz wrote:

> [...] Configuration space is accessible by the "config-l@"
> and "config-l!" methods of the PCI device node. This are the
> pci_conf_read(9) and pci_conf_write(9) functions I wrote for RS/6000.
> They worked on the Pegasos too when Jorge tested my hacks.
>
> pc_conf_read(pci_chipset_tag_t pct, pcitag_t tag, int reg)
> {
>        pcireg_t val;
>
>        tag &= OFW_PCI_PHYS_HI_BUSMASK | OFW_PCI_PHYS_HI_DEVICEMASK |
>            OFW_PCI_PHYS_HI_FUNCTIONMASK;
>        tag |= reg & OFW_PCI_PHYS_HI_REGISTERMASK;
>        if (OF_call_method("config-l@", pct->pc_ihandle, 1, 1, tag, &val)

This is great and should work for much more OF platforms than the current
approach in ppcoea-renovation. Why didn't you commit it?

BTW, on which source are you working? I found no pc_ihandle in any
pci_chipset_tag, neither in current source nor in ppcoea-renovation... :|

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/