Subject: Re: Current EFIKA status?
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: Aymeric Vincent <vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 10/07/2007 22:21:10
       Hi,

Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de> writes:

> I just found out that "aymeric" implemented a working powerpc/powerpc/rtas.c
> in January! Should be useful for all OF-based architectures, by just
> adding it to the config-file.

Indeed. Nice someone noticed. ;-)
It's very basic for now: you can just get the time of day, but the
rest should be easy to add (reset, power off, for example).

> I wonder what the status of his Efika port is?

I reported at that time on this list, and I had -current running with
root over ethernet except that there is a big timeout on every read
from the network through openfirmware, which makes it very slow to
boot to multiuser.

BTW, I started to read the doc of the BestComm and started the
infrastructure in the source tree that you mentioned, but:

. I am in Poland for one year and couldn't bring the Efika with me
. I saw on Genesi's website that they dropped the Efika and would use
a different Freescale chip. Not sure if it has BestComm or not, I
couldn't find any doc. It's kind of boring to port NetBSD to
machines which don't ship anymore.

Unless Genesi wants to send me an Efika to Poland ;-), I can't
progress much during one year.

 Aymeric