Re: Current EFIKA status?

Masao Uebayashi wrote:

>>> but my PPC assembly knowledge is very limited.
>> Most likely you will get away without any assembly. At least in the
>> bus_space(9) and bus_dma(9) part, as you can use existing routines.
>
> Don't you need to handle SDMA (BestComm) to use ATA / PCI?

Unless you want to do it by polling, the BestComm should be used for DMA.
But AFAIK also Linux had some problem with their Efika ATA-driver at first.

We would need support for the whole MPC52xx family. Something similar to
sys/arch/powerpc/ibm4xx. I gave up on that, because I don't believe being
capable of introducing a whole new cpu-family into NetBSD alone.

Maybe somebody with more experience likes to join and I would be happy to
help.

The Pegasos is an easier target for the beginning. There we are lacking any
support for the MV64361 Discovery II, but at least the rest is more or less
standard.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/