Subject: Re: booting Efika with ppc-oea-renovation
To: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 07/07/2007 19:08:21
On 07-Jul-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
> The only remaining problem was that it cannot map ISA IO. The call caused
> the same crash as seen in Jochen's post.
>
> As the Efika has no ISA IO area, everything is included in the 5200B SoC, I
> have just disabled the call and reached askroot:

In ofwoea_map_space it tries to do a find_ranges() call for RANGE_TYPE_ISA.
It then looks to see if the range and cur values are zero, and if either are,
it should exit out.  I'd throw some printfs in the find_ranges call and try to
figure out why it's not failing on the efika, which has no ISA.

> How can we determine that we have to map ISA IO or not? The Pegasos, on the
> other hand, might need it. Or maybe the Efika doesn't fit into ofppc at all,
> and should go into evbppc?
>
> To do:
> - bootpath is missing (easy to fix)
> - ofwpci is not detected (SmartFirmware shows: /pci@80000000)

Yeah.. I don't have a dump of the pci node itself for the efika. Could you cd
to /pci and do a .properties for me there?  It would help a bunch.  The match
routine just probably needs some fiddling.  I also don't have code written to
decode the reg format that the efika uses.  That code shouldn't be too hard to
write though, its the same data, just in a different format.

> - The PIC type is unknown (only 8259 and openpic supported)
>
> I guess the last point will be the biggest task. There should be a new
> directory in sys/arch/powerpc, called mpc52xx, or similar, which will
> contain all the builtin 52xx functions.

Yeah..  because it has it's own special PIC and little builtin bus, you will
have to do some additional work there.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/