Re: NOTICE: major changes to ofppc incoming

On 01-Jul-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
> Oh no. I don't think that a user should be forced to use nvedit just to be
> able to boot a kernel. Here I agree with Matt. This should be handled in the
> source!
>
> I like the idea of Jochen to delay the console attachment, and just use
> ofcons until the real serial driver is available.

I haven't had a chance yet to really stare at these two ideas and see if I can
find a solution to either of them, but I don't object at all to the concept of
them.  I think they are both fine ideas.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/