Re: NOTICE: major changes to ofppc incoming

On 27-Jun-2007 Matt Sealey wrote:
> I'll work it out somehow. It looks like I will be installing NetBSD tonight
> first though.

You actually *should* be able to cross compile from linux.  Mind you, the
cross-compiling scripts sometimes need just a bit of tweaking to get working on
linux, whereas they are pretty much guaranteed to work on NetBSD.

As for the branch itself.. a few people are a bit confused by the branch
layout.  Basically, the branch covers sys/arch only.. so the easy way to get
the sources is:

checkout the netbsd cvs tree.
cd sys/arch
cvs update -r ppcoea-renovation -dP .

Then you can keep it up to date by cd'ing to sys/arch and doing a
cvs update -dP .

Please note.. if you generate patches/fixes to the branch, I will gladly
review/commit them for you.  (This goes for anyone who isn't a developer)

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/