Re: NOTICE: major changes to ofppc incoming

On 23-Jun-2007 Frank Wille wrote:
> Hm. Any chance to have a look onto Jorge Acereda's modifications for
> SmartFirmware and trying to include them?

Hrmm.. I'm not aware of those.. got a link?

> At the moment I don't get any output at all. Even after setting the
> kernel-base and textaddr to 0x400000 and including the SmartFirmware fix in
> powerpc/powerpc/oea/ofw_subr.S (do not disable address-translation for SF).

No output from anything, or just after the bootloader runs, no output?  What
device is this on?

Maybe try to throw printfs in the very early stages of
arch/powerpc/oea/ofwoea_machdep.c:ofwoea_initppc() and see if any fire.  There
were some changes made to that file to make macppc work, and it's possible that
they are interfering.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/