Re: IBM 43p model 150

On 05-Mar-2007 Jochen Kunz wrote:
> I thought about the newer POWER machines like the 43P-260. AFAIK it has
> a POWER3 CPU and CHRP style system design.

Ahh.. thats not the same as POWER.  POWER 3,4,5 and the mythical 6 are the big
64bit chips.  Support for those wouldn't be too difficult, at least initially.
We can in the very least run them in bridge mode at 32bits without a whole lot
of work.  Most of the code is already in our tree, or at least in macppc.  (I
might be overspeaking for some of them, as I'm not sure off the top of my head
if they all have bridge mode, but I *think* they do, as I've seen AIX boot
32bit on just about all of them)

>> and MCA, which is a whole different ballgame.
> I know.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/