Re: NetBSD/ofppc boots multiuser on Pegasos

Simon Burge wrote:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorge_Acereda_Maci=E1?= wrote:

I finally got NetBSD/ofppc to boot multiuser via NFS on a Pegasos II motherboard. NFS reads are ok, but writes are broken (I suspect of a firmware bug, something to do with packet size, but have to verify it).

Does

        options NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE=1024

help?  This can help tremendously when your ethernet driver and/or
hardware isn't up to scratch where all the UDP retries on reads or
writes kill NFS.

Indeed. It helps to the point that without that option it doesn't even mount root :-)

Maybe you have a theory on what's going on. When I copy a file, what I get on the NFS server is a file of the same size, but with chunks of zeros interleaved, that is:

0x0000 <correct data>
0x1000 <zeros>
0x2000 <correct data>
0x3000 <zeros>