Re: Pegasos port status

Hi Thor,
Anything and everything that was available to Linux or Solaris will be made available to NetBSD.
R&B

On Jul 13, 2006, at 5:37 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:40:58AM -0500, Matt Sealey wrote:

The official response is: you don't need to know :)

The pins that are used are configured in a hardware-dependant way,
and this is done by the Genesi HAL.

You're saying that to run NetBSD on this box, we must load the "Genesi
HAL" into the NetBSD kernel?  Or is it a "HAL" in some other sense?

In theory, you should be taking
the ofppc port as a basis (since this runs) and then adding the
specific hardware support from the i386 tree (ethernet, firewire,
ide and so on) which is already supported.

Well, to be more precise, the ofppc port is said to run, sort-of, modulo severe OpenFirmware bugs in the only firmware that was ever made available
to BSD developers.

Will working OpenFirmware (like that made available to the people who did
the Linux port) be made available to BSD developers?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

"We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others." - H.L.A. Hart