Subject: Re: 7200/120 Mac with sonnet G-3 upgrade card
To: je killen <jekillen@prodigy.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 11/23/2004 09:03:40
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:41:38 -0800
je killen <jekillen@prodigy.net> wrote:

> For a Short time there Was a Sonnet G-3 upgrade card for the 7200=20
> series that installed into a RAM slot,=20
[...]
1. port-macppc is the right place to ask Mac speciffic questions.
2. NetBSD may work on that machine if it is a PCI Mac with OpenFirmWare.
Sorry I am not a Mac-expert and can't be more precise.

I sugest that you simply try to boot a macppc install kernel. AFAIK
there are bootable CDROM images on ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/ and there is a
"HOWTO make a bootable CDROM" on the NetBSD web site. It coveres Mac
CDROMs and other architectures. (Creating a bootable CDROM for a Mac is
simple. Just put the right files in the top directory of the CDROM.)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen