Subject: Re: Status?
To: None <port-ofppc@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 01/16/2001 16:52:13
Hi,

> I saw some question about a free OS for a Bull Estrella the other day, and
> I wonder where to point them for some files to install.
>
> What's the status of the NetBSD/ofppc port?

Unfortunately, it is still not in a working state :-(.  However, I'm
currently working on it on and off, when time permits.

However, AFAIK the Bull Estrella doesn't normally come with OpenFirmware,
but with Motorolas BUG firmare.  Therefore NetBSD/ofppc wouldn't work on
this box anyway.

It's probably worth to give NetBSD/prep a try on it (albeit, I don't
know whether this will actually run).

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--