Subject: Re: System Hangs at nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
To: Andrew Daugherity <andrew.daugherity@gmail.com>
From: Dustin Smous <dsmous@sbcglobal.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/12/2005 07:33:52
I'm thinking I wasn't specific enough.  at this point,
1.6 boots fine (and is somewhat useable), 2 and 3 hang
after the kernel is loaded, I believe when it is
trying to mount the root partition using nfs.  I've
used Ethereal to monitor what is going on, and I see
the initial BOOTP request from the NeXT firmware, as
well as all of the tftp and NFS packets.  What I don't
see is the dhcp request from the kernel before it
attempts to mopunt the NFS root...

Any ideas?
Dustin
--- Andrew Daugherity <andrew.daugherity@gmail.com>