Subject: Fw: Re: NeXT Printer pinout
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: M <martin.sillence@ntlworld.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 03/10/2003 21:00:22
Sorry, hit reply and didn't notice it wasn't going to the list till I hit send.
Anyway just in case anyone is interested...

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:58:46 +0000
From: M <martin.sillence@ntlworld.com>
To: Jérôme OUFELLA <oufella@chez.com>
Subject: Re: NeXT Printer pinout

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:56:12 +0100
Jérôme OUFELLA <oufella@chez.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Although it's not too much related, I'm asking here because this is maybe
> one of the places of the net with the most concerned people.
>
> I'm looking for the NeXT laser printer cable (not port) pinout.
> I do own a turbo workstation and its printer, but no printer cable. Can I
> build one ?

I've built one and it works.
It's a straight through.

I remember postings on there being some tight tollerances on it though, apparently it's relativly high speed for the time.
People recommended 3 meters as apparently thats the only length the cable came in, I doubt it's that picky but I would suggest you
use good screened cable and make sure you do a good job if you make it yourself.
I connected all wires.

Good luck,