Subject: Re: NeXT Printer pinout
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-next68k
Date: 03/10/2003 14:00:21
> I'm looking for the NeXT laser printer cable (not port) pinout.  I do
> own a turbo workstation and its printer, but no printer cable.  Can I
> build one ?

I have a NeXT printer and a cable I think goes with it, but as all my
NeXTs run NetBSD I can't easily try it to be sure.

The cable I have does not have any NeXT logos apparent on it, but
neither does it have any other obvious manufacturer indication.  It is
marked "940-0024B" at four places, once on each side of each connector.

I can get out an ohmmeter and give you the dc pinout of the cable if
you want.  Whether that is enough, I don't know - at least some of the
ways the printer could be designed send what are basically video
signals over that cable, in which case things like impedance matching
become important.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign