Subject: Re: DMA problem status
To: Goran Koruga <goran.koruga@hermes.si>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/03/2002 21:26:08
On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:28:54AM +0200, Goran Koruga wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I think this question is mainly targeted at Christian Limpach, but I
> still sent it to the list as others may be interested as well.
>
> Back in May/June I have sent a report of kernel running out of DMA
> buffers on a busy LAN. I have also sent another kernel trace which ends
> in nextdma_start().
>
> Has there been any work done about this in the latest kernels ?

I've just powered up my next again, to play with the scsi support in newer
kernels. Up to now I didn't encounter this message again, despite high
scsi and network activity (moving files around, extracting tar sets on
NFS root, building packages over NFS, etc ...)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>