Subject: Re: Patch: support for color systems
To: NetBSD/next68k developers list <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/20/2000 16:01:53
Timm Wetzel writes:
> the appended diff modifies the nextdisplay code to provide basic support
> for the 12bit color systems' internal display. I've only briefly tested it
> on a turbocolor, but it seemed to work fine with a m68k ramdisk and ddb.
>
> (No, this does not mean that turbo systems are really supported. I had to
> disable almost all device support except serial.)
>
> Anyone care to test it on a color slab?
> The diff is against -current around 1.4Z, and you need to add
> `options RCONS_16BPP' (and wscons support) to your config.

Has anyone tested these changes on a mono slab/cube whatever?  I'd like
to get these changes into 1.5, if at all possible.  (Ya, I know it's getting
late, but without it my Color Slab isn't useful as a NetBSD box.......)

I can provide a 1.5_ALPHA2 GENERIC Kernel to anyone interested in testing.

Thanks.

Later...

Greg Oster