Subject: -current broken for next68k?
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@securitas.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/20/1999 03:17:30
Hi all,

I've finally managed to revive my old NeXT machine and tried to catch
up with NetBSD development. Unfortunatly, the -current kernel I've
managed to build with my cross compilation environment traps deep inside
UVM and I have no clue what the real reason might be. So could anyone
out there (with a known to work setup) try to build a -current kernel
and tell me if it's just me or if -current is indeed broken for next68k
(then maybe we can nail down the problem). This may have to do with
Chuck Silvers' elimination of PMAP_NEW (you certainly have to complete
pmap.c with some of his functions), but I doubt it as those changes were
quite straightforward and are working on other m68k platforms. So if
you could just confirm or deny if -current is working, that would be
helpful.

Thanks, Rolf

PS: I love that console code. Reminds me of the times I was hacking
NetBSD on sun4c ;)