Subject: RE: cube color monitor without mono monitor (was: REEELLY old message ...)
To: Robert Sturrock <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: William J. Coldwell <billc@warped.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/16/1999 23:42:06
Sorry for the delay in reply, I'm just now getting to my email backlog =
:(

I have a color/turbo hooked up in a really ugly way for serial console.

I set the prom to serial A on (which I'm sure you did), and had a NeXT
hardware handshake serial cable (which differed between the 030 and 040 =
boards as the 030 didn't have hardware handshaking, and the 040's did), =
to a 25pin->9pin adapter and a 9pin<->9pin null modem adapter to the =
back of a PC.

UGLY. But works.

---
William J. Coldwell 770.237.5776                 www.warped.com
Chief Technology Officer                       www.warpedmedia.com
Warped Communications, Inc.                    www.warpedradio.com
Lawrenceville, GA 30046-1679                   "Are you...Warped?"