Subject: cube color monitor without mono monitor (was: REEELLY old message ...)
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/01/1999 20:14:08
hi, all -

long ago and far away, someone asked what configurations allowed a color
monitor without needing a useless mono monitor, and i said that i had one such
working beasty (with a nextdimension board or whatever)

then darrin said:

	It would be useful to report here exactly what external cables and
	devices are connected to what, although I doubt we need information
	that would require opening the cube for the first pass.

so here it is:
configuration of the working cube

mouse is plugged into keyboard

keyboard is plugged into sound box
(uses connection second from right hand side on sound box -
connection at right hand side shows that it is for a microphone)

sound box is plugged into cube (lower right hand connection on back of cube)

21" monitor is plugged into cube (lower left hand connection on cube)
	my other (not yet working) cube has nothing in it on this side

order of the connection sockets from top to bottom on the right hand side of
the cube (when viewed from the back)
	dsp (15 pin F)
	serial B (some round connector type F)
	serial A (some round connector type F) - works with modem
	SCSI external
	printer (9 pin F)
	RJ-45 F
	coaxial
	sound box (19 pin F)

this cube came from an organization that in 1992 had hundreds of them, so they
might have had a common (for them) but non-standard configuration (since the
organization no longer exists, i can't really ask anyone about it)

but it works 8-)
(so far - i'd love to get a larger SCSI disk with a unix-like operating system
that would boot from it - that's actually why i'm on this list)

more later,
cal

Dr. Christopher Landauer
Aerospace Integration Science Center