Subject: Re: a REEELLY old message about next monitors
To: Chris Landauer <cal@rush.aero.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <jewell@mit.edu>
List: port-next68k
Date: 08/30/1999 03:27:02
Chris Landauer <cal@rush.aero.org> writes:
> the point of this message is that i have a next cube with a nextdimension
> board, one color monitor and no mono monitor, and it runs just fine, though a
> bit too hot - i run nextstep 3.2 with the foundation user patches (so i can
> run ppp)
>
> if it would be of any use to anyone left on the list, i can check out what is
> connected to what and how, and report that here - but somebody will need to
> tell me what to look for (i have only taken the cube apart a few times to
> remove and replace the backplate with the fan, since it accumulates large
> clumps of rugdust every few months in our house)

It would be useful to report here exactly what external cables and devices
are connected to what, although I doubt we need information that would
require opening the cube for the first pass.

If your setup uses a "Y" cable or soundbox, please be sure to detail
which device is connected to which connector on the Y cable.

Thanks,

Darrin