Subject: Re: First failed boot attempts
To: Michael Jinks <mjinks@bsd.uchicago.edu>
From: matt debergalis <deberg@MIT.EDU>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/31/1999 21:28:00
    Michael> net_open: netif_open() succeeded net_open: NFS mount
    Michael> succeeded 920440enintr: timed out.  <== It sits at this
    Michael> line for a long time drawing the |/-\ whirly-thing in the
    Michael> column immediately after the numbers, then pauses, prints
    Michael> the "enintr: timed out" message, and:

i've seen this from time to time, particularly if the ethernet segment
was busy, but it's always an intermittent failure, and it works fine if
i boot again.

    Michael> On the NeXT side, although we do have one Turbo and one
    Michael> color, we haven't even tried to boot those, and the rest
    Michael> are all vanilla 68040's.

the color machine should work fine, but you'll have to use a serial
console for the time being - color console support isn't yet finished.
the turbo, as mentioned, won't yet work.

matt
--
matt debergalis <deberg@mit.edu> KB1CTH
finger deberg@ai.mit.edu for PGP key