Subject: Re: FAQ
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 04/22/1999 16:57:19
>s there a faq for the next port?  I've got NetBSD running on a couple
>of Macintoshes and was looking for instructions to get it running on a
>25mhz color slab.  I've looked just about every where I can click on the
>port-next68k & mail archive pages (can something that small be
>considered an archive? :)  ) but didn't see install docs for this port.

Matt Debergalis just contributed some install docs, which I haven't had
a chance to integrate.  It netboots, so check out the netboot howto at:
  http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/index.html

The ultra brief form is:
1. bootp to get ip address and boot loader name
    (see ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/next68k/README for
     a sample bootptab)
2. tftp to get boot image
3. nfs to read kernel and mount root filesystem.

NeXTstep netboots in a similar way, so your NeXT documentation
might help as well.

I will attempt to integrate Matt's documentation shortly, and
will send mail to the mailing list once that is done.

Darrin