Subject: Re: next68k wscons status
To: matt debergalis <deberg@MIT.EDU>
From: Darrin B. Jewell <jewell@MIT.EDU>
List: port-next68k
Date: 01/08/1999 11:52:45
matt debergalis <deberg@MIT.EDU> writes:

> 2) the zs (serial controller) driver doesn't like not being a console,
>    so the new kernel doesn't configure any serial lines.  this probably
>    isn't a big deal for now.

Oops. the zs initialization is broken.  I will look into it shortly.
If possible, send a short pr to remind me.  (I need to send-pr a
bunch of stuff on the TODO list as well.)

> again, you'll need to create the wscons device nodes as in my previous
> email.
Yes, except MAKEDEV and devices are usually in /dev

> if you're running the internal console, be sure to configure a getty to
> run on ttyE0 (as in the previous email), and turn off the getty running
> on "console".
I left getty just running on "console" and your kernel worked fine.

> enjoy... matt
> --

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to integrating these changes
into the tree as soon as you're ready.

Darrin