Subject: Status?
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark -Hex- Hershberger <mah@eecs.tulane.edu>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/05/1998 21:19:31
Quick Question:

I've been looking around for a different OS to run on my NeXTstation
Turbo Color.  I have heard of a Linux port and a NetBSD port, but the
NetBSD port seems more active (at least I can find information and a
mailing list).

Anyway, my question: Since I'm kind of new to the whole NetBSD-Current
setup, what do I have to do to get the current sources (or a binary)
and try to compile it?  I have egcs set up to cross-compile for m68k.
What I need to know is:

     1) will NetBSD run on this box?  Last I saw, it wouldn't.  I'm
        wondering if sufficient information has been found to make it
        work.
     2) what do I need to d/l?

Thanks for any help,

Mark.