Subject: Re: port-next68k
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
From: Timothy J Luoma <luomat+NetBSD@luomat.peak.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/06/1998 20:20:34
	Author:	"Soren S. Jorvang" <soren@t.dk>
	Date:	Tue, 7 Jul 1998 01:33:50 +0200
	ID:	<19980707013350.A13112@gnyf.t.dk>

> >The next serial cable is special.  There's a man page under NeXTstep
> >(maybe zs? or serial?) that has the wiring.  I made two by cutting a
> >mac parallel printer cable in half and connecting DB-25's to them.
> >If you don't find the wiring elsewhere, ping the list.  Someone
> >certainly has it, or I can dig up the man page.
>
> I bought a pre-made (cut-up Mac cable it looks like). I just
> cannot seem to find a suitable combination of gender benders
> and various adapters to make it work right now.

You can get the appropriate cable pre-made for $25+shipping from www.orb.com
and www.deepspacetech.com.

Both vendors are longtime, respected retailers of NeXT hardware and
supplies.  (Orb is in California and DeepSpace in Maryland, USA).

TjL

ps -- 'man zs' has the entry for the instructions on making one... You can
find it at:

	http://www.peak.org/~luomat/misc/

in a variety of formats (txt/rtf/manpage)