Subject: Re: status of the port
To: None <dbj@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Timothy J Luoma <luomat+NetBSD@luomat.peak.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 06/12/1998 12:11:10
	Author:        dbj@NetBSD.ORG

> Currently, I only have access to 25Mhz 68040 NeXTs.

Which is what I have too.

I must say I was quite happy to hear this news, and subscribed to a bunch of
NetBSD lists as a result.

Having never been a part of anything like this, I have no idea how dumb a
question I might have, but what is a _loose_ idea of how long it might take
to get to the point where I can install NetBSD directly and boot a
NeXTStation with it?  A week?  Month?  6? Year?

I've got an inkling that it may be a difficult if not impossible question to
answer, but that never stopped me before :-)

Thanks for the work to get this happening.... the hardware is so excellent
but the OS is rather slow nowadays.... Personally, my slab can only take 32MB
of RAM so the opportunity to run a different Unix on it than NeXTStep is a
big plus.

TjL