Port-newsmips archive

How do I boot NEWS4000?

Dear users of SONY NEWS,

  My NEWS4000 does not boot. Please help me.

  I tried to boot NEWS4000 for the first time in 14-15 years. But NEWS4000
did not boot.
  I tried the following:

1.when I connect the power cable, but nothing happens, the LEDs do not light
up momentarily
2.when I push the power button, but nothing happens
3.when I push the power button while holding down the reset switch, but
nothing happens
4.I disassemble NEWS4000, cleaned up and confirmed the condition, but I
cannot find a problem,
  such as burning of IC, rupture of condenser, and so on
5.I reassembled and connect the power cable, but nothing happens
6.when I push the power button, but nothing happens
7.when I push the power button while holding down the reset switch, but
nothing happens

Best regards,
--
Yoshihiko Iwama