Subject: Re: HD size & NWS-3710
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Mauricio <raub@kudria.com>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 01/05/2004 10:01:26
At 22:17 +0900 1/5/04, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>In article <a06002000bc1f0ffb4fe8@[10.0.0.10]>
>supremedalek@hotpop.com wrote:
>
>>  NEWS> bo sd0
>>  Bad device specification.
>
>Maybe "bo sd(0)" (or just "bo sd") works on news3xx0 machines.

	Let me try that.  Incidentally, I usually have all dip
switches in the off position.  Just now, I had switch 5 in the on
position (autoboot?) and nothing happened.  So, I then tried your
suggestion:

NEWS> bo sd(0)
Device off line.
NEWS> bo sd
Device off line.
NEWS>
>  >	What do I need to build binaries from source?
>
>All sources under pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/ dir.
>Please see FAQs and src/BUILDING doc for details:
>http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/
>http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/BUILDING
>
>In short, "sh build.sh -m newsmips -R [somewhere] -D [somewhere] release"
>on srcdir should work. The fastest machine would be better.

	From what I read I can then build the binaries for the NEWS
3710 box in my sparc/Sol9 or DEC/netbsd box?  Cool!