Subject: Re: HD size & NWS-3710
To: None <>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 01/05/2004 06:54:25
In article <a06002001bc1e372558b4@[]> wrote:

> 	Which bootdisk to use nowadays?  Can I use
> or there is a bootdisk that would work happier in my 3710?

NetBSD/newsmips 1.6.1 still has a bug which prevents booting
on serial console. This bug has been fixed on -current
and netbsd-1-6 branch, so boot.fs of fothcomming 1.6.2
should work. You could try 1.6.2_RC3 binaries on releng server:

> gzip: unknown option -- l

-current sysinst has been quite improved and now it uses
gzip -l option, but bootdisk for newsmips uses
src/distrib/utils/x_gzip and it doesn't have -l support
though now non-GPLed src/usr.bin/gzip does.
I'll commit the fix the bootdisk to use it later.
Izumi Tsutsui