Port-newsmips archive

Re: bug fix of boot failure on news3400 (Re: Anybody there?)

Hi, thank you for your report.

 :
> NetBSD 1.6R (INSTALL) #9: Sat Apr 19 20:49:23 JST 2003
>          tsutsui@mirage:/sys/arch/newsmips/compile/INSTALL
> total memory = 12256 KB
> avail memory = 7216 KB
> using 178 buffers containing 712 KB of memory
> SONY NET WORK STATION, Model NWS-3710, Machine ID #30145

Good, I'll add NWS-3710 to the list of supported machines.

>   Shall we continue?
>                                   d0: no disk label
> 1sd0: no disk label              扤b: Yes     /
>
>       Now, where did it stop?  Well, when I got to the screen where
> it asks if you want to install to the hard drive and I select yes
> (option b), it gives the message that my sd0 has no disk label.  How
> can I label it so it can continue?  Can I just slap it to a Sun
> sparcstation?

"sd0: no disk label" message is printed by kernel when
it tries to read disklabel but there is no label on the disk.
This message is just a warning, so you can proceed installation
and then sysinst will support to make partitions and disklabel.
If screen is corrupted by the warning messages, you always can hit
^L (ctrl-L) to repaint the screen.

>       Anyway, it seems that after this I may finally be able to
> install netbsd in this machine. =)

Okay, I've put a new snapshot built from around 20030419 sources:
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/newsmips/snapshot/20030419/
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost