Subject: Re: bug fix of boot failure on news3400 (Re: Anybody there?)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Mauricio <raub@kudria.com>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 04/21/2003 11:22:23
At 11:36 PM +0900 4/21/03, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>?Hi, thank you for your report.

	No problem.  Glad to be of help.

>  >   Shall we continue?
>>                                    d0: no disk label
>>  1sd0: no disk label              ?b: Yes     /
>>
>>	Now, where did it stop?  Well, when I got to the screen where
>>  it asks if you want to install to the hard drive and I select yes
>>  (option b), it gives the message that my sd0 has no disk label.  How
>>  can I label it so it can continue?  Can I just slap it to a Sun
>>  sparcstation?
>
>"sd0: no disk label" message is printed by kernel when
>it tries to read disklabel but there is no label on the disk.
>This message is just a warning, so you can proceed installation
>and then sysinst will support to make partitions and disklabel.
>If screen is corrupted by the warning messages, you always can hit
>^L (ctrl-L) to repaint the screen.

	I found what was going on:  once that problem happened, the
screen would stop being written to (as in the vt1000 escape commands
are being ignored or just not being sent anymore).  So, I now have to
keep pressing the right arrow key to see the text being draw on on
the screen.