Subject: Re: NetBSD installation on NWS-3260
To: None <port-newsmips@netbsd.org>
From: Mauricio <raub@kudria.com>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 11/24/2002 12:50:57
At 18:59 +0900 24/11/02, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>Sorry, I have not tracked what causes hangs after kernel is loaded,
>but it seems there are some other problems.
>
>In article <a05100304ba060759154c@[10.0.0.10]>
>raub@kudria.com wrote:
>
>>  I've been trying different boot files.  Usually they would hang up
>>  just before the Copyright notice.  The one I tried was
>>
>>  -rw-rw-rw-   1 raub     weirdos  1474560 Sep 15 10:14
>>boot-newsmips-14L-nofb.fs
>>
>>  which seems to be a bit larger than the floppy:
>>
>  > # dd if=boot-newsmips-14L-nofb.fs bs=18k of=/dev/rfd0a
>>  write: No space left on device
>>  80+0 records in
>>  80+0 records out
>>  #
>
>Hmm, 512(bytes) * 80(cyls) * 2(heads) * 18(sectors) = 1474560,
>so it should be fit a floppy. What machine did you tried to
>write the image? It seems there is no device file for fd0a
>under /dev and just your root file system is filled.

	I am using a Sparc 20 running Solaris 2.6, as it is the only
other unix box I have with a floppy.  The other non-unix machine I
have with a floppy is a Mac.  I wonder if it is the arguments (bs?)
that are slightly different.

>>  Oh well, at least I went somewhere.  That said, it now hangs up on
>>  waiting for the devices to settle, whatever it means by that.  I
>>  wonder if that means the SCSI HD I have in the machine is not working.
>
>It seems there are some spurious interrups. How about the workaround
>mentioned in news68k FAQ?
>http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/news68k/faq.html#level_3_int

	I will try that next time i boot the machine.  I probably
also need to get a new NVRAM since this one seems to be deceased.