Subject: Re: NetBSD installation on NWS-3260
To: None <port-newsmips@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-newsmips
Date: 11/24/2002 18:59:49
Sorry, I have not tracked what causes hangs after kernel is loaded,
but it seems there are some other problems.

In article <a05100304ba060759154c@[10.0.0.10]>
raub@kudria.com wrote:

> I've been trying different boot files.  Usually they would hang up
> just before the Copyright notice.  The one I tried was
>
> -rw-rw-rw-   1 raub     weirdos  1474560 Sep 15 10:14 boot-newsmips-14L-nofb.fs
>
> which seems to be a bit larger than the floppy:
>
> # dd if=boot-newsmips-14L-nofb.fs bs=18k of=/dev/rfd0a
> write: No space left on device
> 80+0 records in
> 80+0 records out
> #

Hmm, 512(bytes) * 80(cyls) * 2(heads) * 18(sectors) = 1474560,
so it should be fit a floppy. What machine did you tried to
write the image? It seems there is no device file for fd0a
under /dev and just your root file system is filled.

> Oh well, at least I went somewhere.  That said, it now hangs up on
> waiting for the devices to settle, whatever it means by that.  I
> wonder if that means the SCSI HD I have in the machine is not working.

It seems there are some spurious interrups. How about the workaround
mentioned in news68k FAQ?
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/news68k/faq.html#level_3_int
---
Izumi Tsutsui