Port-newsmips archive

FAQ for newsmips

David Brownlee wrote:
        There does not seem to be a massive amount of information on
        newsmips machines out there...

It seems, indeed.
I found that Sony has put some web pages which look like
a technical support for NEWS-OS at:
      http://www.sony.co.jp/sd/ProductsPark/Professional/Computer/
but (what a pity!) it is only in japanese language...

        Would anyone be willing to put together a small FAQ for the
        www.netbsd.org website?

I would willingly partecipate to such FAQ by sharing all the information
I have on these machines (unfortunately, it is not so much...).
However, I don't have any experience in mantaining nor in contributing to FAQs.

        Also, please feel free to let us know about any working models
        not listed on the webpage :)

The model I own is a NWS3260 with 16Mb RAM.
I've downloaded the snapshots for newsmips but I haven't tested them yet.
When I'll try, I'll report to this mailing list.

--
Giuseppe Gallone
INFM & Dipartimento Ingegneria Chimica, Chimica Industriale e Scienza dei