Port-mvme68k archive

Re: Installing NetBSD 5.0 on MVME-147

On Monday 13 July 2009 03:24:12 Mr Ian Primus wrote:
> It identifies
> the SCSI devices, etc. Then, it complains:
>
> WARNING: preposterous TOD clock time
> WARNING: using filesystem time
> WARNING: CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!

That's ok. NetBSD and 147Bug use different date Epochs. Once you have
NetBSD running with the correct date set, the TOD clock will contain
the correct time/date based on NetBSD's Epoch.

> But,
> this next bit is where it all goes horribly wrong:
>
>  Mutex error: mutex_vector_enter: locking against myself

Ugh. I recall seeing and fixing something similar on an mvme177 under
netbsd-current a few months ago. It was in code which should not have
affected a '147.

I suggest trying NetBSD-4 for now until I can reproduce and fix this bug
under 5.0/current.

Steve