Subject: Re: 3.99.3 crashes at startup
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 04/14/2005 14:10:15
On Wednesday 13 April 2005 21:18, Matt Thomas wrote:
> I've cross built mvme68k on my amd64 and resultant kernels crash right
> after they print the copyright notice.
>
> An unending stream of
> unexpected trap (vector offset f0) from 8a1a
>
> is printed.  This happens with GENERIC and VME177 kernels.

Update sys/arch/m68k/m68k/switch_subr.s (and sys/dev/mvme/clock_pcctwo.c
for good measure) and try again.

The switch_subr.s fix at least gets my mvme177 to the root device prompt,
but not much further. My '177 has always been a bit flaky, so maybe
you'll have better luck. A -current '167 with the same root FS works
fine.

Cheers, Steve