Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/14/2003 10:23:46
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Henning Kiel wrote:

> > Your machine will still run a bit slower, albeit not as bad as the '147.
>
> Hopefully only when using VME RAM? Which hopefully is of lower priority?

VME RAM's priority is lower than on-board RAM. This makes a small
difference, but not much.

> Does not work. I'm sure I configured the boards correctly (using the
> original manual). Only the cpu and the two boards are in the crate.

I suspect you need to configure the 167's VME A32D32 master window. Use
Bug's "env" command, and check the following settings:

	Master Enable #1 [Y/N] = Y?
	Master Starting Address #1 = 02000000?
	Master Ending Address #1   = EFFFFFFF?
	Master Control #1 = 0D?

Master Enables #2 - #4 should all be N (for off).

You may also want to double-check that your VME RAM cards are set for the
A32D32 address space

Cheers, Steve