Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Steve Woodford <scw@NetBSD.org>
From: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/12/2003 11:19:19
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Steve Woodford wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Michael Kukat wrote:
>
> > Do you have offboard RAM? Had mixed effects by using a MVME167 as RAM for a
> > MVME147 :)

Ok, I *have* offboard RAM, but tht is not configured (by me).

> Actually, Michael may have hit the nail on the head here. Make sure you
> run the following commands from 167Bug:
>
>            1xx-Bug>mm fffc0000 ;l
>            fffc0000: xxxxxxxx?0
>            fffc0004: xxxxxxxx?0
>            fffc0008: xxxxxxxx?.
>            1xx-Bug>
>
> Since your NVRAM's battery is dead, you'll need to redo this after every
> power-cycle.

Oops... I was looking for some free NVRAM and used fffc0000 for the net
config, as it is marked "user defined" in the mvme docs.
Okay, I now use fffc1000 for that, and I finally found a working NVRAM.

Now I can boot the kernel:
I tried netbsd.RAMDISK and netbsd-GENERIC (should be the same? only
without ramdisk) and netbsd-MVME167. But with these I get a kernel panic:

ie0 at pcctwo0 offset 0x4000 ipl 3 address 08:00:3e:26:e5:db, type onboard
osiop at pcctwo0 offset 0x5000 ipls 2trap byte 0, code = 0x125, v = 0xb77021
pid = 0......
And then the registers and kernel stack
panic: Bus error
halted