Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/06/2003 15:51:52
Hi !

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Henning Kiel wrote:
> > But as war hints... is your backplane jumpered correctly? is ENV configured
> > correctly (in case of doubt, set defaults and check everything), is the SCSI
> > bus terminated correctly? (Had cute effects due to lack of a terminator
> > yesterday).
>
> My CMOS battery is broken, so I have to reconfigure everything after
> poweroff. How can I jumper the backplane??? or do you mean the transition
> module?

env;d is for setting the defaults in NVRAM
for jumpers see the FAQ in the NetBSD area somewhere, for details, you have
to consult the VMEbus docs i think.

> I'll double check the termination and jumpers... (I also tried the
> transition module from the old 147, which *must* have been ok, because it
> worked. But then I'm not 110% sure if the module is supposed to work with
> the 167)

It should. I swapped my 147 for the 167 with success today during breakfast to
test if it boots :)

> > Do you use onboard SCSI or some 328 or so?
>
> It's the onboard controller, connected through 712 transition module.

Okay, so it should just work :)

> > Yep. If you use ping of the firmware, you have to set both addresses. The IP
> > stack has to know, who it is.
>
> Of course! But then I told the firmware before (had set the IP by niot)

Ah, doesn't NPING use the configured values? never tried.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX