Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
From: Henning Kiel <kiel@physik.uni-dortmund.de>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/06/2003 14:45:44
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Steve Woodford wrote:

> > It would also be nice if there would exist a program which compiles on eg.
> > Linux which can partition disks for NetBSD. Also if this program could
> > copy the swap-initrd and make the disk bootable ;-)
>
> The NetBSD source is available... 8-)

I may not remember correctly, but Linux didn't understand partitiontable
of my MVME147 disk. And I enabled every partition table model which was
available in the linux kernel...
On the other hand 'dd' should do if I can calculate the beginning of the
partition correctly (sufficient to 'cat' the ramdisk to swap).
I tried to compile netbsd's fdisk, but it failed hard because of
incompatible includes and I couldn't easily resolve the problems. Was too
hardware specific (IIRC).

Chau,
Henning