Subject: Re: Trouble netbooting MVME167B
To: Steve Woodford <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: port-mvme68k
Date: 08/06/2003 11:12:51
Hi !

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Steve Woodford wrote:
> > Board works now. I installed a disk via my MVME147 and booted the MVME167 off
> > it. The problem seems to bee an old Bug version not supporting those network
> > syscalls/commands.
> Interesting. I'll add that point to the FAQ. Thanks!

I didn't try, but you should add something to get sure to install the GENERIC
kernel, otherwise you might run into trouble booting. BTW, i installed
completely non-sysinst-based (as i do very often on nearly all non-i386
platforms), there could be a hint to copy bootsd to the root-fs before running
installboot, if you split / and /usr into to slices. installboot doesn't really
like the situation otherwise.

More success stories to follow, the next step is grabbing some parts of my
electronics dealer, create some nifty I/O stuff, write drivers for it and
voila... my appartment is powered by NetBSD :)

> BTW, your MTA is bouncing my direct replies:
> 	<>: host[] said: 550
> 	    5.0.0 We are no longer accepting mails from your domain

I locked out completely due to exessive spam and nobody i know with this
TLD :) Fixed this now, in hope, not to get lots of more spam now.

--    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX